You may be asking yourself, “How old do you have to be to play airsoft?” or “should you allow your kid to play airsoft?” The answer is that it depends on the law set for the game. For example, in most of the states of the US, the minimum age requirement to play airsoft is 12. However, in that case, you or most likely your kid will need to have a legal guardian with him.
You can find out more about this by checking with your local airsoft organization or contacting a lawyer who specializes in games and sports law.
How Old Do You Have To Be to Play Airsoft?
1. In the United States, you must be 18 years of age to purchase an airsoft gun. You can still play with one at a field if you are accompanied by a legal guardian who is over 12.
2. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian needs to accompany you when purchasing an airsoft gun
3. Airsoft guns cannot be sold to people with criminal records. Airsoft guns are not sold to suspicious people. To prevent robbery and theft, airsoft gun sellers make sure that the buyer is of age and has no criminal record – especially violent crime records.
4. In some states, it is illegal for minors (under the age of 18) to possess any type of firearm, and airsoft guns are classified as firearms.
5. In the USA, it’s recommended that a child is at least 12 years old before they can play airsoft. However, in other countries, such as Canada and Australia, legal age may vary from province to province.
6. Kids should never carry an airsoft gun at public with or without a gun case. You will quickly find yourself in trouble with the law, and it can also be dangerous for your kid and others who are nearby.
Airsoft Rules by Parents
If your child is starting to play airsoft, you need to have some ground rules. And they need to understand them before they can play. If they don’t obey the ground rules, then they cannot play more airsoft.
1. Wearing protective gear
If your kid going to play airsoft, wearing protective gear is essential. Airsoft guns can cause injury if they are fired at close ranges and hit unprotected body parts. To avoid this from happening, it’s important that all players wear a face mask.
Specially goggles or any kinds of eye protection. Make it very clear that he can never remove the goggles during a game, no matter what happens.
Airsoft bbs maybe made of plastic, but they can cause enough harm to damage someone’s eyes.
2. Don’t shoot at other people or animals
It’s important to follow the rules when using an airsoft gun. They’re not toys, and they shoot out a high-velocity projectile that can cause serious injury to both people without protective gear and animals. Make your kid understand that.
3. Give the correct weapon for your kid’s age and size
Give them the right airsoft gun depending on their age and size. If you are unsure about that, ask for help from the authority of the venue.
As for me, I would recommend a Game Face Stinger P311 Airsoft Pistol to start with. It’s extremely lightweight. Your kid will have no trouble holding it.
4. Keeping finger off the trigger until they intend to fire
Keeping the finger off the trigger until they intend to fire is a good habit to get into. This will save them from unnecessary embarrassment should they have accidentally fired on another player.
5. Keep them away from windows, and other things
Tell your kids to keep distance from the easily breakable things by stray shots. This will help them avoid unwanted injuries.
6. Difference between an airsoft gun and a real gun
Kids and guns don’t mix. Teach your kid what an airsoft gun is, how to use it, and most importantly, the difference between a real firearm and an airsoft one. An airsoft gun just looks like a real gun, but they don’t function the same way.
There are a few differences between an airsoft gun and a real gun. The main and key purpose of an airsoft gun is for play, while the primary use of a real firearm is for hunting or self-defense.
Benefits of kids playing airsoft
1. Airsoft is a great way to release pent-up energy
For kids who love playing with guns, airsoft is a great outlet. In fact, it’s excellent for relieving stress or anger without risking injury.
2. It helps to develop their communication skills
Airsoft is the best way to exercise and develop your children’s communication skills. They learn how to speak clearly and loudly while in a difficult environment with other players, which they would not be able to do in school or at home.
3. Builds up confidence
Airsoft is a great way to improve your child’s confidence. Not only will they be able to shoot at targets, but they’ll also learn about teamwork and how to work with others.
4. Safety precautions when handling guns
A good way to teach children the importance of gun safety is through an airsoft game. Children learn best by doing so, give them the opportunity to with an airsoft gun and you can show them how important it is to follow the safety rules.
The single most important thing
Before you give a green signal for your kids to play airsoft, make sure you think about it from this angle. Is your kid mature enough to play with or have an airsoft gun?
Make no mistake about that, age plays a significant role in it. However, not every kid matured the same way at the same time. So if your kid is mature enough to handle an airsoft gun and understands that everything he does, has a consequence he is good to play arisoft. And as a parent, you have to make that call.
To play airsoft your kids must be at least 12 and must be accompanied by a guardian. But never let your child carry an airsoft gun outside the airsoft field, even with an airsoft gun case. And before they get into airsoft game, make sure they are wearing the necessary safety gear.